MAX Ship Launching Airbag · Marine Airbag
MAX is the leading supplier for ISO14409:2011 or CB/T 3795 rubber airbags/marine inflatable airbags, supplying to shipyards & trading companies in over 6 continents for ship launching, repairs & mobilisation use. These cylindrical-shaped rubber inflatable is the product of precise engineering that witnesses high grade flexible rubber material undergo innovative layering manufacturing and extremely strict quality control compliances. Standard MAX ship launching airbags have sizes up to 2.5m in diameter and 25m in length for hoisting and transporting heavy structure up to more than 10,000 tonnes. However, some airbags for buoyancy purposes can go up to 4.0m in diameter. The product is also widely used for mobilisation of various large scale prefabricated steel concrete, gas drilling equipments, architectures and caissons etc.
Ship launching or upgrading using marine airbags is an innovative technology that has the utmost bright prospect in shipbuilding. It overcomes the disadvantage of fixed track launching by which the productivity of shipbuilding and ship repairing were limited in the small-sized and medium-sized shipyards.
This flexible launching technology is highly versatile and helps companies in the shipbuilding and maritime industry save effort, time, work load and investment. MAX engineering team is constantly innovating in terms of design, material usage, & manufacturing technologies throughout the years to ensure flexibility, safety and reliability.
Innovative Ship Launching/Repair using MAX Airbags is incredibly cost efficient, especially for medium-sized ships.
MAX airbag ship launching method has witnessed rapid adoption increase since groundbreaking pioneering in Turkey for the 8600DWT General Cargo Vessel in 2007. Since then, more cargo vessels, barges, chemical tankers, tugboats, AHTS vessels, floating docks, and even contstruction caissons have all been launched using our airbags. Aside from ship hauling & launching, MAX air bags have been used to mobilise massive sustainable aquaculture system structures and in various salvage rescue processes since Hurricane Katrina.
Today, MAX Airbag is the No.1 choice by companies in Europe, Iran, Turkey, North America, Africa, South America & many parts of Asia.
Is MAX Airbag for You? Other applications of the technology:
- For ship upgrading, conversion or new/repair launching (Ship launching airbags)
- For hoisting and transporting heavy structures up to 10,000 metric tons
- Possible substitute for marine pneumatic rubber fender for protective purposes
- For salvaging sunken ship or heavy immersed steel structure
- Pneumatic rubber core for architecture engineering
- Container for storing and transporting gas and corrosive chemical liquid and pure water for voyage
- Rubber bag for ship ballast
- For erecting floating bridge or pipeline
Why MAX Rubber Airbags?
Pay less. And get more.
- High precision engineering using 3-strand cords with great tensile strength.
- Made from NEW industry leading quality rubber.
- Assurance of true number of layers.
- High-performance quality and above-industry-standard layer thickness.
- Quality detailing jobs, Ex: air valve length, ends’ extra layering, tighter connection with minimal failure etc. These areas are often neglected but extremely important to ensure your safety and maximise your return by prolonging useful life.
Do not be misled by suppliers who uses recycled rubber, weak cords with lower number of true layers and more. Top quality MAX airbags can be used up to 8 years, and in the long run, actually helps you save more!
Superior Manufacturing & Quality Control Processes:
From the selection & procurement of raw materials to the highly skilled production process, MAX never stays complacent. Our engineering team constantly improves and takes quality issues very seriously. We understand that even the slightest mistake will cost our customers.
MAX takes pride in our quality, made available at ultra-competitive prices.
|Test Item & Inspection Standard||Outer Rubber||Inner Rubber|
|Tensile Strength (Before Ageing) ISO37:1994||18Mpa or more||10Mpa or more|
|Elongation (Before Ageing) ISO37:1994||400% or more||400% or more|
|Hardness (Before Ageing) ISO188:1998||60±10 (Durometer Hardness Type A)||50±10 (Durometer Hardness Type A)|
|Tensile Strength (After Ageing Test Method ISO188:1998 70±1ºC x 96hrs) ISO37:1994||Not less than 80% of original property||Not less than 80% of original property|
|Elongation (After Ageing) ISO37:1994||Not less than 80% of original property||Not less than 80% of original property|
|Hardness (After Ageing) ISO7619:1997||Not to exceed original property by more than 8||Not to exceed original property by more than 8|
|Tear Resistance ISO34-1:1994||400N/cm or more||-|
|Compression Test ISO815:1991||30% (70°C±1°C for 22hrs) or less||-|
|Static Ozone Ageing Test ISO1431-1:1989||No cracks after elongation by 20% and exposure to 50pphm at 40°C for 96hrs||-|
Marine Air Bag Accessories
- Industry-grade air inlet valve
- Industrial pipe fittings
- High precision industrial pressure gauge
- Heavy-duty use air tightness swivel fittings / end-seal ring
- Industrial gasket seal
- User friendly MAX repair kit with high-performance rubber layer and durable tensile strength cord layer
LET US ASSIST YOU!
Do you want a safer & more cost-effective airbag?
MAX is your choice, you just don’t know it yet.Get a Quote →
You can read our “Rubber Airbag Ship Launching, the Best Ship Launching method?” discussion.
To have an idea of how ship launching works with these marine airbags, visit our extensive guide to use ship launching airbags.
View all products at MAX Product Page HERE.